Here are five ways massage therapy can improve your health and wellness.
1. Lower stress. The long-term effects of stress can take emotional and physical tolls. Massage therapy is proven to relieve stress and conditions associated with it, such as tension headaches.
2. Help immune function. Medical research indicates that massage therapy can help boost your immune system strength by increasing the activity level of the body’s natural "killer T cells,” which fight off viruses.
3. Boost mental health and wellness. Research suggests that symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression (all associated with mental health) may be directly affected with massage therapy.
4. Manage pain. Pain can negatively affect a person’s quality of life and impede recovery from illness or injury. Recent findings highlight the role of massage in pain management.
5. Improve physical fitness. Elite and recreational athletes alike can benefit from regular massage therapy—massage is proven to reduce muscle tension, improve exercise performance and prevent injuries.
Here is the entire article from the American Massage Therapy Association with links to the above mentioned research: AMTA 5 Ways
Getting a massage can do you a world of good. Getting a massage on a regular basis can do even more: lower stress, benefit immune function, boost mental health and wellness, manage pain, and improve physical fitness. Remember, just because massage feels like a wonderful treat doesn't mean it is any less therapeutic. Consider regular massage and bodywork sessions a basic part of your health and wellness plan. I can work with you to come up with a treatment plan that best meets your goals.
Looking for additional information about the benefits of therapeutic massage and bodywork? I would love to talk with you. Call me at 513-703-3697, email melissa@motionTMB.com, or schedule an appointment here: MotionTMB Schedule
Happy Valentine’s Day. Be well!
Image credit: Writing a Blue Streak, AMP